Nowadays, it is important that websites are protected from attacks or security breach. It has become absolutely necessary to ensure the security of your website so that you can guarantee the security of your customers, clients or users. Google realized the importance of a site’s security when it announced that the HTTPs will be used in website rankings for its search engine. The question is, how can you protect the data and information about your visitors and website?
What is an SSL certificate?
SSL means Secure Socket Layer. The purpose of an SSL certificate is to help keep customers and users’ sensitive information and data secure. The SSL creates a secure and encrypted environment for online businesses and websites to thrive. It is the best option for websites used for government institutions like White House, FBI, CIA etc.; payment platforms like Paypal, Payoneer, Skrill etc., finance companies like KPMG, PwC etc.; e-commerce like Alibaba, Jumia etc.; universities like MIT, IIT; banks and other websites where high security is highly desired. By using one of the best SSL certificate providers in the world, you will get a high quality of encryption including 128-bit to 256 bit when information is being transmitted between the web browser and the web server. In reality, SSL certificates are a large piece of cryptographic data files that are installed on the web server with the primary aim of providing secure communication between a user in the browser and a web application or website. We cannot deny the fact that the SSL certificate is more of a necessity nowadays.
Don’t look away from these factors
Before you decide on which SSL certificate provider to choose, it is very important for you to consider some factors. They include trust site seal, refund policy, the maximum level of security, SSL expert support, type of encryption certificate validation, issuance time, warranty amount, browser compatibility etc.
These are the best
We will now review some of the best SSL certificate authorities in 2019 so as to help you in your pursuit of a secure website.
- Comodo: Comodo is probably the best and the most popular paid SSL certificate provider. It also gives free SSL certificates as well but those ones are only valid for 90 days. Comodo has 256-bit encryption and about 2048 bit on its highest level. It is a trusted provider to actualize the security requirements that any type of business may have. The price for the positive SSL wildcard certificate starts at 199 dollars per year.
- GeoTrust: If you feel that other providers are too expensive, GeoTrust is your answer. They can be trusted as they provide a trust seal that will confirm your security. The GeoTrust true wildcard certificate goes for 499 dollars per year. You will get expert support from any part of the world. Their certificate has 256-bit encryption and refund policy of 30 days.
- DigiCert: This certificate issuer provides encryption for the Internet of Things (IoT) devices. They are trusted by most of the web browsers, mobile devices, and mail systems. DigiCert has 256-bit encryption. The standard DigiCert SSL certificate goes for 139 dollars per year while the wildcard SSL certificate goes for 475 dollars.
- RapidSSL: When you want continuous support and excellent service, RapidSSL is the best. It is probably the most trusted issuer in the internet security market. You can purchase a RapidSSL Wildcard certificate for just 216 dollars annually.
- Symantec: Just like GlobalSign, Symantec is also popular. This provider’s expertise ranges from code signing certificates to standard SSL certificates. Symantec SSL certificate costs 333.67 dollars and is valid for three years.
- Trustico: Trustico provides a wide range of SSL services and products worldwide. Their protection of customer’s sensitive information is top-notch. They give an opportunity for ‘Price Match Guarantee’ which allows their clients to buy SSL certificate at cheaper amounts when compared to other providers. The price starts from 35 dollars per year with 256-bit encryption, expert customer support for 24/7 through a live chat and email; and refund policy of 7 days.
- GlobalSign: GlobalSign is quite popular. It offers a domain SSL Wildcard certificate that costs 696 dollars per year. It was founded in 1996 and has its headquarters in Portsmouth, USA. The provider offers cloud-based solutions to the companies that want to execute safe e-commerce, perfect content delivery and secure connections to its users.
- ClickSSL: ClickSSL is a Security company in the IT sector, located in the United States. Here, you have an option to compare the prices and bargain. Check the deals page to find these exciting deals. The wildcard certificate costs 90 dollars per year.
- SSL2BUY: This provider has a wide range of options for you. Their certificates range from the basic Single-domain to the Multi-domain. It has full-time customer support for anybody from any part of the world and a 30 days refund policy.
- Thawte: Thawte is qualitative and trustworthy. The plan with the lowest price is the web server wildcard certificate and this costs 524 dollars per year with up to 256-bit encryption.
There is no time to wait any longer. You now have the top SSL Certificate Providers you can use in 2019. All you need do is get into action to use one of them and move your online business forward.
READ NOW :- Reset Centos Root Password in 2 minutes
Linux/Windows System and SQL Server Database Administrator with more than 4.5 years of experience in Linux Servers administration, Windows Administration, Network Administration, SQL Server Administration, MySQL Administration and SQL Programming.