Product Review – Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore
Cloud storage is by far the most suitable and advanced storage option for an organization’s critical data and assets. Yet, the data in the cloud is not completely secure: there are chances that it can be at risk. Nowadays, cloud platforms like Office 365 have become the main target for cyber criminals. So, businesses, especially large enterprises look for a solution that can backup & restore their cloud data efficiently.
Well, there are many backup & restore tools available in the market, but not every tool offer reliability. Also, organizations want a tool that is cost-effective. So, after studying many tools, I decided to review Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore. Here, I’m going to brief the working process of this tool and how organizations can benefit from it.
Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore is a professional tool that is beneficial for both end users and administrators. It not only creates a backup but also helps in restoring single or multiple files. Let’s have a look at the working process of Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore.
The installation process of the tool is very simple. You have to download the tool from the Kernel official website and install it on your system. Once the tool is installed on your system, double-click the icon to launch Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore.
Backup Process of Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore
- On launching the tool, select the Backup option to create a backup of Office 365/Exchange.
- Now, add the source from which you want to backup mailboxes (Exchange Server/Office 365) by clicking the Add button. (Note: You must have Office 365 global administrative privileges to backup multiple mailboxes.)
- After adding the Office 365 account, all mailboxes will be displayed on the screen. Select the required mailbox for which you want to create a backup.
- You can select Mailbox, Archive Mailbox, or Public Folder. Then click Migrate.
- After clicking Migrate, all the contents of the mailbox will be displayed on the screen with various filtering options. Set the filters according to your requirements and click I am OK Start Migration.
- Select a location where you want to save the backup PST file and click Ok.
- Once the backup process is complete, a notification will appear on your screen displaying Process Completed. Click Ok to finish the process, and if you want to save this information in a CSV format, then click Save the report to CSV.
Restore Process of Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore
The restore process of the tool allows you to import PST files to Office 365 or Exchange mailboxes.
- Click the Restore option, and you’ll see the Add Source and Add Destination options on the screen.
- Add PST file as source and Office 365/Exchange as the destination.
- In the next step, set filters according to your requirements, such as date filter, item type, folders, etc., and click Start Migration.
- The migration process will take some time depending on the size of the mailbox. Once it is complete, you’ll receive a notification on your window displaying:
Click Ok to finish the process and save the migration report in a CSV format.
Pros and Cons
Though many points show how this software is better than others, it also has some cons too. Let’s have a look at them.
- User-friendly interface with interactive features
- Can easily backup and restore a large amount of data in one cycle
- Completely secure as you cannot move any data without global permission from the administrator
- The migration process is a little time-consuming, but it may be due to large mailboxes and slow internet.
- The trial version allows saving only ten items per folder only.
After trying several Office 365 backup tools, I can surely say that Kernel Office 365 Backup & Restore is the best backup tool for organizations. It offers complete data security and backs up entire data.
Linux/Windows System and SQL Server Database Administrator with more than 4.5 years of experience in Linux Servers administration, Windows Administration, Network Administration, SQL Server Administration, MySQL Administration and SQL Programming.