Upload Outlook PST into Office 365 Exchange Online
Know how to upload Outlook PST into Office 365 Exchange Online by the Exchange Admin Center or using PowerShell. Just follow all the step by step process for converting PST file data into o365.
Now a day Microsoft Office 365 provides many advanced services like Skype, SharePoint, and Outlook etc. That’s why the most of organization are moving from other email clients to o365 Cloud Platform. So here I am going to explain how we can upload Outlook PST into Office 365 Exchange Online. Follow all the given step by step solution for converting MS Outlook PST file data into o365 Mailbox.
If you are searching a manual process for moving PST to Exchange Online environment then this post will help you to know how to upload MS Outlook PST into o365 Cloud Mailbox. Here I also discuss the two best ways one is using Exchange Admin Center & PowerShell commands and another is third-party software.
Method 1: Import PST to Office 365 Using Exchange Admin Center & PowerShell
Sometimes the users search the manual way to migrate the MS Outlook PST file data into Exchange Online. So follow all the given step by step process to convert the PST into o365 manually.
Provide Mailbox Import Export permission
You can also provide the Mailbox Import Export Permission by the Admin Portal and PowerShell here I am going to explain both processes you can choose as you want.
Mailbox Import Export using Admin Portal
Add the permission of Mailbox Import Export by the Exchange Admin Center. For this, login your Office 365 Administrator account then opens the Exchange Admin center window by clicking Admin Center>> Exchange.
Now go to permission and double click on Organization Management option >> + sign>> Choose Mailbox Import Export >> Add >> ok then save it.
Grant Mailbox Import Export permission using PowerShell
You can also provide the Mailbox Import Export Permission through PowerShell. So firstly you need to launch the Windows PowerShell and connect with the Exchange Online by putting the following command.
$o365Cred = Get-Credential $Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell/ -Credential $o365Cred -Authentication Basic –AllowRedirectiona
After that type, your Office 365 Admin Id & password>> hit ok.
Now you need to create import the PSSession by typing the given command.
Import-PSSession $Session New-ManagementRoleAssignment -Role "Mailbox Import Export" -SecurityGroup "Organization Management" -Name "Import Export Org Management"
After putting the above give command, provide the Mailbox Import Export permission for the uses mailbox.
New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Role "Mailbox Import Export" –User "user name"
Note: In the place of user name you need to provide a valid name.
- Go back to the Admin Center >> setup and choose Data Migration and hit on upload PST files.
- After that type, the job name like import >> Next then select upload your data>> Next.
- Now you will see the import data window. In this window, you click Show Network SAS URL. After getting the SAS URL hit on the copy to clipboard>> go to Download Azure AzCopy and install & open this tool.
- Once it open type the following command.
“AzCopy.exe /Source:\\PST file location path/Dest:”SAS URL” /V: location to save log file \AzCopy.log /Y”
Here PST file location path means that path where your Outlook PST files save. But while you put the file location path you need to provide the Folder or File sharing permission. SAS URL means that URL which you get by clicking Show Network SAS URL.
- When the PST file uploads on Azure AzCopy tool. You need to create the CSV file for moving PST file data from Azure tool to Office 365 Mailbox
|Exchange||Provide a shared file path||Pankaj.pst||[email protected]||FALSE|
- Open the Import data window and check the both given option >> hit next.
- Once you hit on Next select the mapping file window will appear on the screen then upload the CSV file by clicking select mapping file option. Once it uploads go to Validate and wait for validating the process. When it completes clicking on Save. After that your MS Outlook PST file data will automatically move in Office 365 Exchange Online environment.
Method 2: Migrate PST file into o365 Cloud Platform using a third-party solution
Most of the users are not familiar with the PowerShell Command. So they prefer the third-party solution for moving PST file data into Exchange Online environments. But nowadays it so complicated to choose the best application just because there are many software available. So I am recommending you the best PST to Office 365 Converter which is MailsDaddy PST to Office 365 Migration Tool. With this software, you can convert your PST file data like emails, contacts, calendars, appointments, and attachments etc into o365 Cloud Platform without any PowerShell Command. This is a GUI based application and the technical and non-technical users can easily execute it.
MailsDaddy PST to Office 365 Migration Tool provides many advanced features which makes it different from other PST to Office 365 Converter.
- Preview the PST items: Once you add the PST file then the tool will show all MS Outlook PST file data including all attachments
- Import the selected item into o365: After previewing the items you can select the important mails and easily export your selected Outlook PST data into Exchange Online Mailbox.
- Export with bulk or impersonation rights: With these Bulk or Impersonation Export option you can convert multiple PST files into Multiple Office 365 Cloud Mailbox. When you use these options you have to create a CSV file.
- Note: In the Impersonation option you need to give the ApplicationImpersonation and full access to the user mailbox.
- Upload PST into o365 Primary or Archive Mailbox: With this feature, you can easily move your PST file data into o365 Primary mailbox and also export into Archive Mailbox by creating the archive folder or enabling the archive mailbox.
In this article, I explain how to upload Outlook PST into Office 365 Exchange Online. I also discuss two possible ways one of the manuals or another is the third-party solution for importing PST file item into o365 Cloud Platform. If you still have any doubt just leave the message on the comment box.
READ NOW :- Ultimate Guide to Basic Linux Commands
Linux/Windows System and SQL Server Database Administrator with more than 4.5 years of experience in Linux Servers administration, Windows Administration, Network Administration, SQL Server Administration, MySQL Administration and SQL Programming.