Amazon EC2 Instance
Amazon Web Services is providing an on-demand cloud computing platform, It offers high availability, scalable, reliable cloud computing services. In this tutorial, we will start with Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud launching of windows instance and connecting of the instance via RDP ie How to Launch a Windows Server Amazon EC2 Instance and How to connect instance via RDP step by step
Launch windows server EC2 instance
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/
- Click on Launch Instance > than Select Windows Server AMI > next Choose an Instance Type > Configure Instance Details > Add Storage > Add Tags > Configure Security Group > Review Instance Launch > create a key pair and download the key pair.
Connect to your windows server instance.
- After creating windows server EC2 instance you need to wait for 5 – 10 min to fully install of all services of windows server. Follow the steps to connect the instance via Remote Desktop.
- In the navigation pane, under Instances, choose Instances and Browse to choose your Windows Server instance in the list
- Choose Connect and Choose Get Password
- Choose Browse. Browse to and choose the Amazon EC2 instance key pair file associated with the Windows Server instance, and then choose Open
- Choose Decrypt Password. Make a note of the password that is displayed.
- Choose Download Remote Desktop File, and then open the file. or open the RDP client on your computer.
- When prompted for a password, type the password. You noted in step d, and then proceed. or in RDP client provide in the computer to IP of an instance or public DNS instance username and password.
UserName: Administrator Password: password you noted in step d
- After you are connected, the desktop of the windows EC2 instance running Windows Server is displayed.
Linux/Windows System and SQL Server Database Administrator with more than 4.5 years of experience in Linux Servers administration, Windows Administration, Network Administration, SQL Server Administration, MySQL Administration and SQL Programming.